Thursday, October 9, 2008

Reviewing the Second Presidential Debate

I know this is kinda late but I was too tired after the debate to write anything. Well, just like the vice presidential debate, no sparks or big gaffes by the candidate. Going into the debate Tuesday night, John McCain really needed to win or do something so dramatical as to change the direction of this election. He choose to attack Obama only on the campaign trail debate not during the debate. I though both men did ok, Obama looked presidential, young, vibrant, intelligent and kept reminding me of John F. Kennedy. On the other hand, I actually felt sorry for John McCain, he looked tired, beaten, lost and grumpy. I thought he did a better job than the first debate but he was no match for Obama's wit and crisp answers in the end, the viewers overwhlmingly voted Obama the winner.

Here are some of the reviews:

Economic Woes Set Tone for Rivals in 2nd Debate - New York Times

The worst debate ever - Politico.com

A Showdown That Was More of a Letdown - Washington Post

Obama-McCain debate: jabs, but no knockout - Christian Science Monitor

McCain and Obama clash in TV debate - BBC News

No comments: